• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cosmic Ray & Transit

Started by Rocket Pooch, May 17, 2004, 08:43:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

It was a little clearer tonight so I had some fun :smile:  Got a nice coment one as well.

Cosmic Ray

Jupiter Transit

See John, when the seeing is better the images improve :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2004-05-17 00:44 ]

Ian

Chris,

excellent work mate. Your shadow transit across Jupiter is very impressive.

I think you might be able to get more out of M51, particularly when I think about the work you did on processing mine. Pity about the aeroplane transit :sad:

Rocket Pooch

M51 was one frame of about 20 I have taken, I have some 1 sec, 10 sec, 20 & 25 sec images to stack.  The Jupiter images was stacked in the garden whilst I was taking the long exposure images so I think I can squeeze more out of it and the other few I have.

The problem is Karen has banned me from playing with the images when she is in the house for the next couple of weeks, apparently its anti social :sad:

Rick

Mike

You've got a tent haven't you...........
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Whitters

Mind you Karen may also take exception to you banishing her to the shed/tent :wink:

JohnP

Chris,

Very impressive indeed - The goto on your LX90 must be a dream - let's you concentrate on the important things like imaging instead of spending hours trying to find them... I'd really like to see the stacked M51 if this is just a single image. Also, very impressed with the transit - did you use the Vesta for this? I've never been able to see a transit yet even though I know they have been happening :sad: