• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

How did the observing evening go?

Started by Whitters, Jul 11, 2002, 04:30:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

Folks, Sorry I could not make it, how did the observing evening go yesterday?

Greg

In fact I couldn' t make it either, so I'm interested in finding out aswell. It looked cloudy - maybe because I stayed away it wasn't cloudy at the site.

Mike

The night went well. Apart from not being able to get into the field and having to climb over the fence to get in !!!

The night was spectacularly clear, so much so that I was able to spot and show to the others, the ring nebulae in Lyra when it was still semi-twilight, and in a 4.5 inch !!! Seeing was excellent, shame there were no planets to look at !!!

We had a look at some double stars and some satellites including an iridium flare that Nigel had details on. Despite the fact we didn't observe for long because of the late nights it was a good evening !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Locked out, climbing fences. Hum... sounds like a normal night at the field! :wink:

Ian

bugger. All I got to do Tuesday night was get drunk on Guinness in Dublin.

Rick

If you're going to drink Guinness, Dulin's a better place to do it than most...

:wink:

Whitters