• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Eclipse Pics

Started by Mike, May 05, 2004, 06:25:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Here are some pics I managed to get at the field through the clouds.

300mm @ 3 secs

Moon and passing aircraft - 300mm @ 3 secs

The ghosts of Tripes farm - 70mm @ 10 secs

(Note these images are compressed and reduced in size from the originals)

[ This Message was edited by: Mike on 2004-05-04 22:26 ]
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Nigel

Well worth the effort, typically weather was completely clear when i got back to Petts Wood, by then the eclipse was about 80%, but still impressive.  

Rick

Sheesh! That last one shows how much stray light we get up near the top of the field!

Mike

Exactly - I took 263 more pics later from the upstairs window when it cleared again. I shall pick out the best ones and post them up. I should be able to make an animated gif of the shadow moving across the moon as I took images over about an hour.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Whitters

Whitters

That was a realy dark eclipse last night.