• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First light images

Started by julian, Nov 21, 2010, 23:54:40

Previous topic - Next topic

julian

Ok so all the bad weather for the last month has mostly been down to me because I bought a new telescope SW190 Mak-Newt and rebuilt my EQ6 and EQ5.Here are the first light images.
Bubble Nebula
SW 190, Canon modified 40D, ISO 800, 73 X 3min subs total 3hrs 39min ,PHD guiding with QHY5 15\11\2010, EQ6

colour moon
15 images at 1\100, 15 images at 1\125, 15 images at 1\200, 15 images at 250 all images are in raw
software used RegiStax for raws, Photomatix for the four images from RegiStax and CS4 to bring out colour
Images taken through cloud.
Sky Watcher Mak-Newt 190 canon 7D ISO 200, EQ6

:oops:

Mac

QuoteOk so all the bad weather for the last month has mostly been down to me because I bought a new telescope SW190 Mak-Newt
:cheesy:

Nice images.
The moon looks excellent.

Have you got any links to the full sizes or are they full size?

Mac.

RobertM

Both excellent images Julian.  I especially like the way you've enhanced the colour in the moon.

QuoteOk so all the bad weather for the last month has mostly been down to me because I bought a new telescope
Nope, others are to blame too; there's far too much bad weather for just one scope !

Robert

Tony G

Julian,

Both excellent images, especially the moon. Great colours.

Tony G

PS......................Is that a new moon base in Aristarchus. ;)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Great images, Julian, no holding you now you have your new scope, better keep up to date with your processing!!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Well done, I also love the moon photo.

Chris

Jim

Lovely Julian, the colours on the moon look fantastic

MarkS

A new scope eh?  Nice one  8)

The first light images are great - taken from home I presume?

I especially like the moon with that very saturated colour.  I didn't know the SW MN190 could take images through cloud!  Must get one  :cheesy: