• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Started by david kiely, Nov 17, 2010, 19:04:29

Previous topic - Next topic

david kiely

Hi all, David here, I would like to say thank you to all those who helped myself and my two sons, Henry and Freddie, at Oxted school last night.
You were a great help! It was nice to see Jupiter and her four moons and very nice to see her on our own telescope, which you helped set up. We would like to come and join you at your next meeting but could you please let us know the date as I thought someone said it was in two weeks time and looking on this site it says next meet on 7 Dec. Many thanks and here's to many many clear nights!!!

david kiely

Sorry, forgot to mention that we live in Oxted. Cheers all

mickw

Hi David and welcome,
The meeting in two weeks time will be our regular monthly meeting at High Elms, usually a talk and other assorted business.
The 7th December will be our scheduled observing eveing once again at High Elms except we meet at the Change of Horses in Farnborough Village - lately due to the weather, we have spent the evening in the pub.

You'll find all the details here -
http://www.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/

Come along for a visit, you're more than welcome.

Mick
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Hi David,

I am sure I must have met you at Oxted although I wasn't aware that your own scope was being set up.  I saw some fiddling around going on with a scope but just assumed it was one of our members doing something with their own scope.

Glad you enjoyed the evening.  Our next meeting is at High Elms BEECHE Centre on 25th November at 7.30.  The talk is on Searching for Cold Dark Matter (details and link to map on the home page), we have talks on a varierty of different subjects from guest speakers.  Please can you park in the car park in the adjacent road as the one in BEECHE is reserved for those carrying equipment and disabled as the space is limited. 

Non members can attend a couple of meetings before deciding whether they would like to join and there is a concession for members living at the same address. 

Look forward to seeing you, do introduce yourself and make yourselves known.

Carole

doug

Hi David.  Nice to meet you and try and help you with the setting up of your Meade `scope. I am afraid that I didn`t do too much but our friend Dave was more agile than I was.  Very glad that you and your two lads enjoyed the evening, and we all enjoyed it as well; very well behaved and interested students.

Hope to see you at the next meeting on the 25th November.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mac

Greetings David

I think you will enjoy the challenges that astronomy will bring you, I hope you have a lot of patience as the most
frustrating thing is waiting for the clear skies to roll in as you are probably aware of.

If you cant make the observing session who not pop along to the meeting on the thursday,

see you there

Mac.