• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M31 Great Andromeda Galaxy.

Started by Fay, Nov 14, 2010, 23:56:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Have not taken this since france about 4 years ago. It has taken me days to process, could not get it right. I should have checked for ice on the lens, even though I had the dew strips on. Bit blue but I've had enough now, been on it for hours over the last few days.

Taken 101110, 11x600, WO ZS66, 0.8fr, Canon 350D. 

I made the big mistake of looking at Mark's taken in Riberac!! 
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Jim

MarkS

The Andromeda Galaxy is actually a tough target - especially to get the outer dark lanes.  It really does need dark skies - the darker the better.

Your image is what's expected for an image taken round here.

Mark

Mac

very nice.

I've decided that this will be my first light
when i get the observatory all set up.

Fay

Thanks. I also had the stars flaring at the sides. I took the flattener off & re attached but it made no difference. It is connected directly to the scope & camera & is the dedicated one for the WO.

Yes Mark, to do a similar image I took only 8x5 in France. I also took 11x300 the same night, but you know when you have had enough of a subject......

Also, I think when I came indoors for the night, that is when I should have been starting.

MarkS

Fay,

I forgot to ask - were you using any filter?

Can you post your French image - it would make an interesting comparison.

Ice on the lens really means that Winter is getting near!

Mark

Mike

Very nice Fay. Focus is a tad off, but if there was ice or dew that is to be expected. Lots of detail in the dust lanes.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

mark i have the clip in lp filter

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional