• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

2011 OAS Calendar

Started by Mike, Nov 09, 2010, 16:30:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The 2011 OAS Calendar will be available for purchase at the next OAS Meeting and also at the December meeting.

Price is £5 as usual.

The calendar is 13 pages, glossy paper, wire bound with loop. Each page is 50% a members image and 50% calendar. The calendar section shows all dates for OAS meetings, observing evening, imaging sessions and deep sky camps, as well as all UK Bank Holidays, plus other notable dates (Pancake Tuesday, Valentines Day, St. Georges Day, etc.)

Numbers are limited so if you don't buy one at the November meeting you may miss out so get one soon. If you are unable to make the meeting we can post one out to you for £5 plus £1 P&P.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

Fantastic work, thanks Mike!

The Thing

Hi Mike, these look super - I want at least three copies.

MarkS

Quote from: The Thing
I want at least three copies.

Vanity!!

Ian

Duncan, you can't just have october you know ;)

The Thing

Should be Mr October from now on! ;)

Ian

funny you should say that. I need to chat with Rick. You were going to become Mr October but I couldn't change your display name :(

Need to change the email restrictions...

Whitters

Nice job mate, hope to make two meeting in a row ;-)

Rick

Thanks for preparing that, folks.

It would be really helpful if someone could send the relevant dates to Ian or to me so that they can be put into the website...

Mike

I'll make a separate post for the Imaging Session dates. The Obs. Officer can tell you the dates for Observing and DSCs.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Quote from: Rick on Nov 16, 2010, 09:35:19
It would be really helpful if someone could send the relevant dates to Ian or to me so that they can be put into the website...

Why?
Shouldn't we be encouraging all members, and non-members to be buying a calender, rather than saving them money by looking up the dates on the website.  :cheesy:

Tony G

PS.......................I was only joking, just in case some thought that I was serious. But............................ ;)

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rick

Quote from: Tony G on Nov 16, 2010, 15:27:18Shouldn't we be encouraging all members, and non-members to be buying a calender, rather than saving them money by looking up the dates on the website.  :cheesy:

Heh! I've already entered the dates Mike and Mick sent me into the main website, but it's set to show a few months ahead at a time, not the whole year, so if you really want to plan ahead you'll find the calendar an excellent resource. ;)

Ian

and to reinforce the point, we'll be pretending to reschedule events throughout next year on the website...

mickw

What do you mean Pretending ?   :twisted:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

The 2011 Calendar arrived today from the printers. They look really nice. I went for a matt print and paper this time as it is a lot easier to write on. I have to say they look much better in matt than gloss. The images show up better. The whole thing looks great.

Don't forget you can get a copy (or two or three) at this Thursday meeting or at the Xmas meeting in December. if you can't make either then we can arrange for one to be posted to you for an extra £1 p&p. Get one quick as we have limited numbers and they will go fast !