• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Light Pollution at Les Granges

Started by RobertM, Oct 12, 2010, 22:39:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Great image, which I attempted, but by the time I sorted out any issues (Why do I always have issues? :evil:) the Milky Way was over the opposite mountain range?
One day I'll grab an image like that, without Fay strolling slowly across the long exposure, looking into the lens with the beacon light flashing away. :D
On inspecting the image, Fay that is definitely not a laptop floating whisperly past the camera at Les Grange. ;) 

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

Whisperly.

That really ought to be a word - it's so evocative!

RobertM

Thing is there should be 100% chance of not getting a beam in a few frames, in any case it was only one frame that recorded you.

The stride pattern shows a bit of a limp so it might not have been you... possibly but I can't be 100% certain it wasn't ;)

Wisperly - definitely a word for poets.  Fay, maybe it would fit in some of your verse ?

Robert

Tony G

Mark,

It sounded appropriate. You can just imaging Fay just floating past (whisperly) in the gentle breeze............................ ;)

Robert,

I can make up some other words, but they might NOT be appropriate. :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

Quote from: RobertM on Oct 14, 2010, 12:00:46
The stride pattern shows a bit of a limp so it might not have been you... possibly but I can't be 100% certain it wasn't ;

This maybe Fay, dragging her box up the hill. ;)

Tony G

Fay

Trying to think of who had a limp....at the time................mmmmmmmm
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

QuoteI can make up some other words, but they might NOT be appropriate.

Tony, it's probably best you leave it at 'whisperly', especially if you know what's good for you !

Tony G

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Oct 13, 2010, 18:49:30
I was thinking of Arizona 1st
Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Oct 14, 2010, 07:02:34
and the food in usa is yummy

Sounds good, ARIZONA........................aaaahhhhh!!!! and the bit about the food didn't sway me, it just meant less cooking. ;)

Tony G

PS.....................I can just imaging it now, around a camp fire........................more beans................ :)

RobertM

There's already a prequel in anticipation of you going there Tony, now what was it called now Blazing summit or other... You went under the alias of Hoss as I remember.

Just wondering why we've never seen a horse at DSC only sheep, is it because they're all giving you a wide berth  :o

Tony G

Robert,

Some would say that if that was the case, why don't the sheep! :-?

Tony G

PS................................AAAAAAHHHHHHRIZONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PPS..............................I think this thread has been well and truly hi-jacked. :twisted:

mickw

Just to make sure this thread stays off track......................

First - I'm up for it  :)
Second - I assume we're talking about something like Sky Village and renting stuff - Be a bit tricky getting a newt in a suitcase  :-?

http://starizona.com/acb/ is not too far away so an empty suitcase would be useful  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

RobertM

QuotePPS..............................I think this thread has been well and truly hi-jacked.

Not for long ... I'll post a calibrated version of the image tonight  :evil:

Rocket Pooch

If it was someone limping it was me!

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: Ian on Oct 13, 2010, 22:37:38
Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Oct 13, 2010, 22:20:38
Gary Glitter.....

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I don't think you're quite his type. You should be ok.

No but minors are.

MarkS

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Oct 14, 2010, 18:53:14
Quote from: Ian on Oct 13, 2010, 22:37:38
Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Oct 13, 2010, 22:20:38
Gary Glitter.....

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I don't think you're quite his type. You should be ok.

No but minors are.

He should go down a deep hole in Chile then.