• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Not quite Stunning - but

Started by mickw, Oct 11, 2010, 19:16:43

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

First attempt at processing one of my images from the stunning sky at Rother Valley DSC Sunday 10/10/10 -
M45
Burgess 91 600mm f6.6 - Unmodded Canon 350D
15 x 120s exposures @ iso 800
Lights, Darks, Flats & Bias stacked in DSS
Levels & Curves PS Elements

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

The Thing

Thats really good Mick. I've always wanted to capture the dust around those stars. You must be chuffed!

Fay

Well, Mick, you are wrong, that is indeed stunning, I am really pleased for you that the first image you have posted is so good!!!!!!You have processed it well & have a lot of nebulosity even with those short subs. You could just crop the edges a bit
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Thats really nice, well done.

Chris

mickw

Thanks for the comments
Yep I am chuffed and I agree it needs cropping - tried to do that on the Gallery but I "don't have permissions"  :o

The urge for guiding is now stirring in my loins wallet

Tony G

Excellent image Mick, and as Fay has said a great first image posting. (I'd be pleased with that, even if it was out of focus)

So the ploy is to get everyone drunk on polski s*&t and then perfect the art of imaging. :roll: Very cunning plan. ;)

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Jim

Mac

very good capture.
Nice to have dark skies isnt it. ;)

MarkS

Well done Mick - that is an excellent first image.  You must be delighted with that.  All the hard work is finally paying off.  It looks really good for an unguided image.

BTW - thanks for the Absinthe - but I don't think I'll drink it again before imaging!

Mark

Ian

Mike

Nice image Mick. Plenty of wispy stuff there and good focus. Well done !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Thanks again for the comments - I'm well pleased with this one

mickw

Here's a reprocess - Any better ?

Fay

Mick you are doing so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Well done Mick, just think what you're guided images are going to look like if you can get that unguided.

Carole