• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC443 Jellyfish Nebula in Gemini

Started by Fay, Feb 09, 2011, 16:23:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Knew the clouds were going to start to roll in by 9pm, so did what I could.

15x600, Atik 314L, WO ZS66, 7nm ha filter, 0.8 flattener, captured with Astroart, Processed PSCS, stacked DSS 080211.

Would like to do some O & S, but the Baader ha filter has very high sides & will not move in the filter wheel due to getting stuck when any flattener/reducer is screwed in.

Not sure how I can rectify it.

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Quotethe Baader ha filter has very high sides & will not move in the filter wheel due to getting stuck when any flattener/reducer is screwed in.

Not sure how I can rectify it.

You could get a QSI and thinner filters but that would be very expensive  ;)

Nice work by the way  :)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Thanks Mick, i would have liked it smoother.

The Thing

Quote from: Fay on Feb 09, 2011, 18:02:43
Thanks Mick, i would have liked it smoother.
Smoother! I was trying to get some more subs for my 'best ever' M1 attempt last night and it turned out all lumpy. Far too much moisture up high in Beckenham. I would love to have got an image like this.

Fay

Oh Duncan, i know it is a nightmare. There was a lot of moisture about

mickw

QuoteThere was a lot of moisture about

Most of mine was inside  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

PhilB

Very nice, Fay.  There's some fine detail there.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

RobertM

That's very good Fay with lots of fine detail starting to show.  Had lots of calamities myself so it's good to see someone getting some benefit out of the clear sky.

Robert

Rocket Pooch

I had a go at that once, failed horribly, I'd like to see that image with some better histogram shaping, it looks a little black to me.

MarkS

That's very good Fay. An interesting subject and a lot of good detail.

I'm glad to see that someone is managing to take advantage of the rare, short gaps in the cloud cover!

Mark

Fay

Thanks,. I have about 3 versions. This one does not look so dark on my laptop/desktop.

I have been told that with the 7nm ha filter, I should aim for 20-30 min subs!!!!!

Carole

Hi Fay,

As I don't use filters and have not attempted this object yet I can't comment too much.  But sounds like a difficult object to capture, so well done.

We always want to do better, but that's good.

Carole

Fay

Thanks Carole. Problem is, you get to the stage where you are never quite happy with what you have got.................................