• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

uDSC October 8th to 11th

Started by mickw, Sep 18, 2010, 14:09:38

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

QuoteMick I am presuming you have booked us the corner with the campsite?

I have booked "me" as part of the OAS group, as others have.
As you have already done the groundwork regarding our preference for the corner, I didn't think it necessary to request the corner each time.

After our first visit when you requested the corner, I don't think it has been mentioned since as Jackie knows who we are and where we prefer.

Do you think there is a need to mention this each time ?
I'll email anyway and have a chat when we go down there.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

What I mean is you've informed the campsite that we are having a DSC that weekend.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

No, I assumed that Jackie knows this when more than one person books up as OAS.
I emailed her last night anyway and am waiting a reply.

Good point though, I'll do it in future, but I think with the flurry of bookings it's obvious this time.

mickw

Just received from Jackie

QuoteNo need to mention pitch numbers just that they are with your group. We will always aim to allocate you the same pitches.
Regards
Jackie

RobertM

I have M31 to finish off too so I shall be there on both Friday and Saturday nights, weather permitting.

Carole

I have just left a message on the answerphone for Fri/Sat nights (maybe Sunday depending on the weather).  My Son is also coming with me who I've been trying to get to come for some time, he is fascinated in Astronomy although never actually done anything about it.

Also his friends are coming with their 11 year old son (who came to a DSC once before at Tuesnoad).  If this causes a problem with OAS spaces, I'll ask Rother Valley to pitch them close to us.

Carole

mickw

QuoteIf this causes a problem with OAS spaces, I'll ask Rother Valley to pitch them close to us.

How close is Tuesnode ?   ;)

Rocket Pooch

More the merrier Carole, I'm bringing an Australian who hates married couples and kids, also he is a keen alchoholic and violent, this DSC should be a good one.

Fay

Could do with some excitement!!!!! :twisted:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

i'll bring the dog and a shotgun.

So at least we can do some hare coursing, and shooting the local wildlife.

You never know if we get enough, rabbit and phesant, we could have a game stew.

Mac.

Tony G

Well, I still have 2 x 25 shot roman candles, and also the 1 we took apart which have very, very short fuses as Mick and I found out. :o
They could be good for flushing out the local Peasants Pheasants and Rabbits from the hedgerows.
And don't forget the magnesium ribbon. :twisted:

Tony G   
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

Ok so I guess I need to also bring my guns and the vicious hunting dogs.

I think adding all that lot to Mark's French S&%^, which by the way is on special offer at lidle this week, should make for a fun weekend.

Mike

I've got a bottle of Schnapps from Austria. I'll bring that along too.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

My Australian buddy has just confirmed he is coming along, this of course means you will all have to put up with boaring stories about how nice Australia is and also how all the tourists who walk around lookng like the little green things out of Toy Story 2.  But hey at least I have told him he has to bring some drink which is more than 100 proof, woohoo...

Having said that, give him a gun and noone is safe!!!!  Esspecially those little furry beavers (see Ron Jeremy comments).

Mike

As it is likely to be crappy weather now we are moving into Autumn/Winter shall I/We..

a) Bring the communal tent?
b) Organise a communal meal?