• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Jupiter from Les Grange

Started by Tony G, Sep 16, 2010, 21:15:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Well, didn't do as good as Mark, but it inspired me a bit to get Jupiter on the first night of astronomy at Olly's.
So here is my attempt using a Toucam Pro II and Skywatcher 200P reflector, approximately 500 frames processed in Registax and PSP

Tony G

PS.........Please be gentle, as its been a long time since my last image on here.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Jim

Well done Tony, despite my efforts with the torch you've got a lovely image there. There's loads of detail in the cloud banks.

Carole

Well done Tony, you've got more detail than I've ever achieved, and a nice red spot too.  Nice to see you imaging again. 

Carole

MarkS

Tony,

Well done mate!  It's good to see someone else having a bash and what you've produced is great - certainly better than my first Jupiter.  You've actually managed to get a fair amount of detail there including the red spot.  Is that a moon there as well, right in the middle of the NEB (northern equatorial belt)?

Take a look at the Sky and Telescope Java utility: http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/javascript/jupiter
Feed in the date and time you took the image and it'll tell you if there was a moon transiting at the time.

Try reducing the green a bit and it'll look a bit more natural.

Mark

Ian

certainly looks good to me bud.

I'm with Mark, the colour balance is a bit off, but the detail you've got is fantastic.

Just needs a diffraction spike, or five.

Fay

Tony, I am really pleased that you have done so well!!!!!!What a good result
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

The Thing

Good shot Tony! Youv'e teased out a lot of detail in there. Nice GRS  coming into view.

Mike

Turned out well that Tony. Well done.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

Nice Capture.

I agre with Ian, needs a few spikes added, ;)

Mac.

RobertM

That's come out very well Tony, I'd be very happy with that.

Whitters

Tone Tone... Have you been playing with rockets again???

Pioneer 10
Was interesting to note the lack of belt in the Pioneer image too, and the similarity of the colour balance. Though it was amended later in the flight.

Nice image mate. :cheesy:

Tony G

Well Ian, this is what it looks like with the diffraction spikes (not my image) and I tend to agree, it does set it off abit doesn't it. :D
Thanks for the comments and I will try and process the image when I get a chance.

Jim the light didn't bother me at all as the scope was pointing in the other direction, I just wanted to start an arguement. :lol: ...........................Not really.
Mark, this isn't the first Jupiter that I done, its just that I have mainly been observing and not imaging for a while. http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/displayimage-5-16.html
4 years, I didn't realise it was that long ago, and there was 2 bands then? :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson