• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC63 & IC59

Started by Rocket Pooch, Sep 13, 2010, 12:14:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

I would have said it was a group effort, I supplied the power supply, and didn't get a mention. :(

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

Quote from: Rocket Pooch
I'd like Mark S to try this with his banana scope, I think it would be good to see how well it comes out, I think it would look similar.....

It's on my target list for DSC.  I have some unfinished business with M31 - then I'll try this.  I also want to nail the Pleiades good and proper.  It's gonna be a diffraction spike fest!

Then I'm also bringing along the C11 because there's a red spot transit at 20 past midnight Friday night.  I haven't got a decent red spot image yet and both Skippy Sky & Meteoblue are predicting fairly good seeing.

Mark

Mac

Fays bringing my 2" 4* Powermate if you want to borrow it.

Mac.

Ian

Alternatively you're welcome to borrow my 1.25" 5x powermate, if you'd like to come round and get it?

MarkS

Thanks for the Powermate offers but a factor of 2x is perfect - it gives a disc 300 pixels across with my C11.  My webcam is only 640x480 so I don't want a disc much larger than this otherwise Jupiter will keep drifting out of frame.

I'm just wondering where to set the scope up so that Jupiter is not obscured by the huge tree next to Mick's camper - probably have to go out into the middle of the field.

Mark 

MarkS

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Oct 06, 2010, 07:12:18
At least I did my picture on my own :-(

Unfortunately you were beaten by that collaboration image.

Mark