• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC63 & IC59

Started by Rocket Pooch, Sep 13, 2010, 12:14:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

This is a quick process of IC63 and 59, 12 Ha x 20 minute, and 6 G&B x 5 minute, ED80 and ED80 .85FF with the QSI 583.  Allways interesting imaging with a mag 2.74 star in the field of view!  Will process this a little better later.

BSC 27 Gam Cas, Visual Magnitude: 2.47

ic59-63-HaGB by chrissuddell, on Flickr

MarkS

I like that - lots of interesting colours there.  Is that a dark nebula over on the left?

As you say, such a bright star is going to cause processing problems.

Mark

Fay

That's nice Chris. I remember you doing it before, was that in France?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Very nice Chris, it looks like there is more nebula close up to Gamma Cas which would make an interesting capture.

Robert

Mike

This is really nice. Very colourful. Would be great if it could be imaged with that star occulted somehow.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Mike,

The star itself has a nebula around it, so its kinda all or nothing here, although I think in narrow band the star could be made a lot smaller, or if I subjected it to a layer mask and toned it down a lot.

I'd like Mark S to try this with his banana scope, I think it would be good to see how well it comes out, I think it would look similar.....

Chris.

MarkS

RobertM

I think that was quite impressive getting the earth and prominance in the same image - gets my vote ..not;  and I see someone's cut and pasted your Jupiter and Ganymede Mark ... :o

Rocket Pooch

Oh I'm in there, how funny....

Fay

Robert, you are so alert, I did not notice any scullduggery!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

QuoteOh I'm in there, how funny....

Yep, it'll serve you right if you win too...

Tony G

I just thought, if it wasn't for my 240v extension lead, you may never have got that image.
The oppotunities that by-pass me due to me helping other. :roll:

Tony G

PS.................I voted for that nice lighthouse. ;)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

I see the image 3 below Chris's on the UKAI 'Image of the Month' is in fact todays APOD.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap101005.html

Tony G

PS............................I still like the lighthouse. :)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

Chris has got some strong competition then!

Rocket Pooch

At lest I did my picture on my own :-(