• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

People to go to Mars - But will they have to follow Grreg's

Started by Whitters, Jul 07, 2002, 07:39:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

Mike

Look at that photo ! That can't be right, the shadows are all wrong !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

I just wish they'd get the business of living on another globe worked out by going back to the Moon first. They could do that sooner, and they'd learn a lot more about the difficulties of going elsewhere.

Mike

Exactly ! A multi-national permanent moon basis for scientific research would be a grteat achievement. It would teach us about constructions in low gravity, the logistics of supplying such basis from earth and the possibilities of setting up 'bio-domes' for self sufficiency, etc.

Imagine setting up a large telescope array on the far side of the moon !!!

Still, i'd certainly still be happy to see someone land on Mars. It's about time we started to look at manned space exploration again. I agree though, we should definately go back to the moon.

[ This Message was edited by: Mike on 2002-07-07 18:18 ]
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan