• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Laptop desktop

Started by Delphine, Sep 04, 2010, 17:32:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Delphine

Hi someone, everyone!

My laptop is driving me mad.  I am sure it is simple to sort out but I haven't been able to figure it out.  The desktop has become too large so I can't see the whole screen e.g. I can't see the taskbar at the same time as the top bits.  I have no idea why it has gone like that but it is a real pain having to move it around with the mouse via the edges to see what is going on.

Can someone help me please?

Delphine

MarkS

It sounds like your desktop is bigger than your screen resolution.

So either increase the screen resolution or decrease the desktop size.
The options to do these are probably found by right clicking on the desktop background and select "Properties".
Then choose a relevant tab and hopefully the options will be there!

Mark

Delphine

Hi Mark

Many thanks for your advice - I will give it a try and let you know if works.

Cheers
Delphine

mickw

Has hubby been playing again ?

Does your laptop have the option to display on another screen (awkward question I know - It's a bit like what gets done at the monthly meetings).
It sounds like your laptop is trying to display on something that isn't there.

If these problems persist, I suggest checking ebay for a new husband  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Delphine

Hi Mark

Problem solved.   Decreasing screen resolution did it.  I had been trying to solve it by switching onto screen no. 2 without success!!  It never occurred to me that it could be a screen resolution issue.  Hope I remember this if it happens again!
Many thanks for your advice. 

Delphine

Delphine

Hi Mick

No not hubby this time - it was entirely my fault.  No-one dares go near any of my computers at the moment as I took off spectacularly recently.  I now know what an apoplectic fit is!!

Delphine