• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First tests with Nikon D70

Started by Mike, Apr 21, 2004, 07:30:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

OK I've got it - seems pretty good. Will use it from now on. Thanks.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Two more. These weren't driven so there is a slight star trailing on them :-

Head of Hydra and Beehive Cluster M44

For full size jpeg click here - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astro-man/HydraandBeehiveLarge.jpg

Saturn, Mars and Venus

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Nice one mate,
What magnitude are you getting to in 20 secs?

Mike

Looking at the RAW file and comparing it with stars in Starry Night Pro I got down to 9.78 (On the Hydra and M44 image)

[ This Message was edited by: Mike on 2004-04-22 07:43 ]

Whitters

That's good going with such a wide field.
What type of mount are the lenses?

Mike

Nikon F Mount. I will do some images facing south next time as that is much darker and see what mag I can get down to. I will also try out the 300mm lens once I have aligned the ETX properly to see how that fares.

Mike

Managed to finally get a T2 mount for the Nikon and the ETX came with some adaptor rings and tubes that should fit. I shall have a play at the next opportunity.

Mike

Thought i'd put this one up i did today, simply because it was a pretty picture :-

[ This Message was edited by: Mike on 2004-04-23 23:51 ]