• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC7000 12x600 230810

Started by Fay, Aug 24, 2010, 12:21:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

12x600, Atik 314L, Ha, Leitz APO 180 F4, flats. Bit windy last night, but at least the new adaptor is ok.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Nice one Fay,  I cant tell how good the result is - could you post a link to the full size jobbie ?

Whay are you using it at f4, I thought that lens was designed to be used wide open at infinity focus?

Robert

Fay

Don't know about the f4 Robert, could have done 3.4. probably had a brainstorm

MarkS

Lovely image Fay.  Very sharp stars from corner to corner. 

That lens will serve you really well.  Looking forward to what you get in France!

Mark

Rocket Pooch

Nice image Fay, I'm with the other guys you should leave you appature wide open, probably the best way to get lucky in France.

Chris

Fay

oh thanks for that, did not think you would like it. I am outside with Canon, but Moon will be a big problem & the gales.

RobertM

With a small chip like the Atik you won't see any problems with the lens wide open so go for it !

The Thing

Great image Fay. The contrast shows the shape of the nebula clearly. When you lot get back from Les Granges there are going to be some stunning pictures.

Fay

Thanks Duncan, hope you had a good holiday

The Thing

The holiday will be good until until Monday Fay! The wonders of modern life, even the French have broadband  ;).