• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC1396 Processed

Started by Rocket Pooch, Aug 24, 2010, 10:57:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I have applied flats and darks to 3x10 minute and 3x20 minute subs Ha with the Pentax 6x7 150mm F2.8 (@ F4) and guided with a QHY6 CCD using a telescope services OAG.

Processing in AIP with a gentle K-Sigma noise filter and a 10% Median filter in Photoshop.

It was a full moon, murkey and very very windy last night, so I'm looking forward to getting this setup under a clear sky on a still night.

Chris

Normal

1396-Penax-6x7-test by chrissuddell, on Flickr

Inverted

1396-Penax-6x7-test-inv by chrissuddell, on Flickr

Fay

Nice Chris, lens images all over the place  :lol:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Now I've had a chance to take a look at it in detail, it'll be a nice lens once you've sorted out that bottom left corner.

Sorry plate solve failed on that image, if you send me a fits file then I'll do that.

Robert

Rocket Pooch

Well I will be loooking forward to my winter project with this lens :-)

mickw

Don't let Fay touch it  :o
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

PhilB

Do I sense a competition in the offing?
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

Phil have you seen my recent NGC7000 with my lens? I think I can get it smoother, there was a full moon

PhilB

Fay,

i remember a conversation where you said that Cygnus was one of your favourite parts of the sky. I've been looking forward to some images ever since. Despite the Moon, your NGC7000 didn't disappoint. Very nice!
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: Fay on Aug 25, 2010, 16:47:28
Phil have you seen my recent NGC7000 with my lens? I think I can get it smoother, there was a full moon

Hijac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!