• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First Messier Object M13

Started by Rocket Pooch, Apr 20, 2004, 10:10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Well, I got the SAC8 out tonight.

Must try harder, this was taken with the LX90 and a SAC8 20 exposures at 5 seconds.

My feet are cold.....

Rick

Any ideas where the horizontal lines are coming from?

Rocket Pooch

Yes its the camera, in the manual they tell you how to get rid of it when your processing, but I need to RTFM a bit more.  

I'll look at it later in the week.

Rick

Ah. Right. I'd guess it's using every other line in the CCD for some reason or other; either to get a non-interlaced frame, or to try to avoid cross-line bleed. Been having fun with interlace in a slightly different context over on the ZoneMinder forum, myself. :wink:

Ian

I think the tool you need is imerge, on jon groves web site. The black lines come from only using one of the 2 frames that make up a (interlaced) PAL frame.

There are methods using Photoshop too I believe.

Good effort by the way, five seconds shows how sensitive those cameras are. Got to crack your focussing though. Try using a Hartmann mask.

Rocket Pooch

No I think the focus was ok, but the processing stinks and some of the frames are saturated.

The camera seemed to be a bit hyper and maybe I should have taken more shorter images?  

Anyway I'll play with these frames over the weekend and see what happens.  

I also took a series of other images, but I haven't even looked at them yet.

There is one funny picture I have of Regulas through my clothes line, give an interesting shape to the image :smile: somewhat post modern feel about it.