• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M16 a nice surprise shame about the clouds

Started by Fay, Aug 01, 2010, 09:36:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Knew it was touch and go last night alot of high cloud. Anyway, battled on.

I have always thought that M16 was too low for me because of the house. What a serprise when I thought I would have a look & it was within my sights.

Very bad sky, aircraft trails, clouds,  had to delete 6x300 subs, but was pleasantly surprised at what i got. I had put the O II & S III filters into the wheel,  but did not use them, I think M16 has to be done with these filters.

M16 Eagle Nebula, 9x300, Atik 314L, Ha, 0.8 fr Sw 120

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Wow that's really nice. The stars are slightly tadpoley but great detail.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Well MIke, the guiding went off so much because of high cloud, I had to delete 6 subs & continued to cringe when looking at the guiding graph

Mike where is your M27 from DSC?

Carole

Well done Fay, lovely clear detail. 

Carole

Fay

thanks Carole. I planned to do 30 subs but sky too bad

Rocket Pooch

Mike

Quote from: Fay on Aug 01, 2010, 10:26:18
Mike where is your M27 from DSC?

Sitting on the laptop waiting for me to process it. I may have some free time around December.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Great image Fay.
Looks like I will be asking you a few questions when in France, and I don't mean 'what's french for pear cider?'  ;) I mean advice.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

The Thing

That's lovely Fay. I don't think I have seen a post of M16 here before, it's a bit unsual.

Carole

QuoteI don't think I have seen a post of M16 here before
I'm sure both Mac and Mark have posted M16 at some point.

Carole

Fay

Usually done in red I suppose Duncan. I think Mark has done one. You going to DSC?

The Thing

I'll be there, busy week this week so might not be until later in the afternoon, 5pm I hope.

MarkS

That's a very good Eagle, Fay.  Lots of detail there.

Duncan, I did one a couple of years ago at DSC:
http://www.markshelley.co.uk/Astronomy/2008/eaglefinalv3.jpg
Fay's is much better though!

Mark

Mac

Yup i've posted one before, may2009 ;)

Mac.

ps.Dial up is killing me.

The Thing

I've seen it with bins in Normandy, clear as day, except it was night. Is the local horizon low enough at Les Grunges? It might make a good target for those dark skies.

Fay

Rocket Pooch

It is there I imaged it a few years ago.

Chris

RobertM

Very nice Fay, well done.

I think there are a handful that have been posted and that's right up there with the best of them.

Last time I tried that from home it was framed nicely by Leylandii from neighbours two houses away :evil:

Robert

Fay

Oh thanks Robert. Yes I was surprised as the sky was  so claggy & guiding graph was like the Alps!