• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

uDSC August - Friday 6th to Monday 9th

Started by Mike, Jul 12, 2010, 18:41:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Quote from: mickw on Aug 06, 2010, 08:17:23
Better have a shave in case there are some pretty sheep  ;)

:evil: I wish I was going.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Well, me and Fay are here and weather not too bad.

Sun comes out, sun goes in, sun comes out - you get the picture  :roll:

We've only got 13-15 (for the regulars) this time but there's still enough room for us.

Beer cooling nicely in the shade  :)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Last night cloudy until it rained.
This morning raining until cloudy.
This afternoon mostly cloudy until it probably rains.

Good thing is there's plenty of stuff to kill  :twisted:

PhilB

It's been much the same back home, Mick :cry:

On the up side, for those of you who might be staying for Sunday night, the forecast looks more promising.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Carole

Is any-one stopping over on Sunday night?

Carole

mickw

Cleared up around midnight last night, horizon to horizon Milky Way, visible galaxies, Persieds etc. etc.

And I went to bed early  :cry:

And nobody is there tonight, unless it was all a trick to get rid of me  :(

Mike

Good weekend. Not a lot of imaging done due to the weather, although Duncan was out last night till late (it was clear for MOST of the night). Still, we enjoyed it.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Well weather was patchy, sometimes really nice, but we were in great company & that's what it's all about
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

It was clear from 00:30 Sunday morning until I gave up and left the scope taking subs at 03:30. All the lightweights had crashed out - except Mike who was fiddling with his Arduino until around 02:30. Sad. He missed the Milky Way, Double Cluster, Andromeda all naked eye and some really good meteors, some with golden trails coming straight out of Perseus.

It was a bit damp (dew dripping off OTA) so my subs are disappointing from a content point of view but my guiding was spot on and everything else worked tickety boo.