• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

uDSC August - Friday 6th to Monday 9th

Started by Mike, Jul 12, 2010, 18:41:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I think it's about time they revised the buying and selling system in this country. 

Too often the buyers can hold a seller to ransom, and can back out at any time.  I'm not quite sure how it works, but they have a system in Scotland where you can't back out once you've made an offer and it's been accepted (so there must be some sort of system to ensure the house is surveyed satisfactorily and you can get your mortgage before you make your offer).

Difficult time Mac.

Carole

Mac

Its to do with the FENSA certificates for the new windows.

They wont accept the fact that the guarantee is now the Fensa certificate
as issued by the industry, they want a separate written 10 year guarantee from the supplier,
even though they have a copy of the 10 insurance issued to the supplier by Fensa as well.

This has been bouncing back and forth for weeks, so basically we've said, exchange on monday or we're taking our property of the market
and will be renting it out.
We have also explained to our buyers that we can buy our property, without the sale of our house going through.

So if they want our house they need to stop A&$#ing around

Mac.

Mike

THREAD HIJACK ALERT!! THREAD HIJACK ALERT !!!

Carole again I see  :roll:
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

QuoteTHREAD HIJACK ALERT!! THREAD HIJACK ALERT !!!  Carole again I see

I didn't start it Mike, I was just replying to something Mac said on this thread.

Carole

Fay

Any thoughts on the weather this weekend?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

I've thought about it snowing for a bit, followed by a typhoon and then golfball sized hailstones with some sunny spells and scattered showers in coastal areas.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Oh not too bad then................... 8)
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Oh crap..........

I forgot to book the sunshine (during the day) and clear skies (after dark)

:oops:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

The weather is looking like a mixed bag at the weekend, but it does look good in patches.

Chris

mickw

I'm thinking of taking a mixed bag of bottled Stella and canned Stella.

Should make it all OK  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Tony G

Well I think it will be absolutely clear on Sunday, as I may pop down to see how everyone got on the previous nights. But just to warn everyone, if I don't make it, it could possibly rain.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

That forecast will change. It's too early. Check it Thursday night.

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Has anyone got room for a little one near thier tent, I just called them, we kinda assumed the other has booked, well actually we left it too late, and apparenty they have NO room left.  Could be a busy weekend!!!!

Chris

Carole

Chris,

Last time we were there, Jackie said we could form a circle with our tents (which they don't let the public do), as we are all one group together.  Might be worth talking to Jackie to see if it's just the perimeter of the field that is full and maybe the person you spoke to was unaware that she had said this.

Carole

Rocket Pooch