• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

uDSC August - Friday 6th to Monday 9th

Started by Mike, Jul 12, 2010, 18:41:27

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

QuoteI am am animal lover and will not tolerate animals being killed for the fun of it.

Strange you like the countryside then really.
What do you think the sound of all those shotguns is caused by ?
All around you at every DSC animals are getting blown away - Can't speak for Kelling Heath, but it probably applies there also.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

I really have an issue with townies now grr, but seriously now I'm a paid up member of those who live in the countryside you would be suprised how much killing goes on out here.  And that animal on animal.

Had a great discussion with someone the other day on Facebook who said "thats it ban shot guns" WHY?  What has a shotgun ever done to anyone?

Mumble mumble.

Also I hope people don't wear leather shoes, or fly, all those birds getting sucked into jet engines etc.

Fay

Carole you could have an imaging session at your house instead of gong to UDSC

7-8th ok with me
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Yer and then there would be no issue, after all its a UDSC not a DSC so ner!

Rocket Pooch

Mac

Were there any Hare's there? or was it just rabbits.

mickw

Quoteany Hare's there?

Course there will be  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mac

MarkS

Can't make the August one I'm afraid.

You'll have to go ahead without me!

Mark

Tony G

Chris,

That must be a right light sensitive camera he uses to be able to see the cells splitting into 2, and then 4 and then 8. I wonder if he was able to do a time lapse, or whether it has video mode.
I wonder if it could be use for astro imaging (but only after a bloody good clean though) :lol:
It is also quite distrubing, that this bloke has such an intimate knowledge of the insides of Flossy, and people like this walk freely amongst us.  :-?

Maybe we can insert some cameras into the rabbits we catch, and as they reproduce a lot quicker, we can see the cells splitting within a few hours instead of days.
Do you think my Canon 350 with a zoom lens will fit? ;)
That is another way of shooting a rabbit, but I think a more painful way. :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

Mike

I am inclined to cancel the Imaging Session and reschedule it to another date due to this as it will be a lot of hassle otherwise.

Alternatively, can someone else host it? Robert has kindly hosted one so far. Carole, you said you would be willing to host one. How about 6th August?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

I can probably host the Imaging session.

Can I just double check my diary when I get home before you make any announcements.
Will confirm 100% later today.

Carole

Mike

Thanks Carole. Will certainly solve a lot of problems if you can.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Everyone else who is coming - don't forget to book with Jackie at Rother Valley.