• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First Light

Started by Jim, Jul 10, 2010, 12:34:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

First light with my new Atik 16ic. I was going to DSC but my back went yesterday so instead camped out in the garden all night.
M57 10 x 60 sec subs and M13 20 x 60 sec subs. Meade 127 Refractor. Using a QHY5 guiding with an OAG. Dark and bias subtraction but still to figure out how to do a flat field

Mike

I can't see anything.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Jim

Rick

You need to put the link to the image itself inside the IMG tag, not the link to the page containing the image.

Jim

Cheers Rick, Facebook does not seem to allow that. I'll post them in the gallery and do a link from there.

Mac

Easy if you cheat. :cheesy:

Nice images by the way.

ps. straight from facebook ;)

Jim

Thanks Mac, now tell me how to do that!

Rick

Something like this...

• Go to appropriate FaceBook page
  • Put cursor over image on page
  • Right click and select "Copy Image Location" (or some such)
  • Paste said location between the IMG tags

Mac

Thats the beauty.
Right mouse click over the image and you get "Copy image URL".

Told you it was easy.

Mac.

Rocket Pooch

A new toy for France then :-) one observation is the guiding is not bang on, but its very close so its a good start.

Chris

Jim

Yes the guiding kept going after 5 mins or so and I had to keep restarting it. Need to play around with the backlash settings etc. Looking forward to France 8)

Fay

Jim, I'm impressed, good job you have started to get some practice in!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Well done Jim.  I hear M57 is a hard one to get, so well done.

Sorry to hear about your back, you missed a good weekend, but glad to see you still managed to do some imaging.  No holding you back now.

Carole

Mike

Nice images Jim. Do you have colour filters?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Nice M13 Jim!  The core looks good and not burnt out.

Mark

RobertM

Nice images Jim, the 127 is giving plenty of resolution.  I think there is a slight miss-focus but a bit more practice will sort that out.

Robert

Jim

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I tried again on saturday night but just could not get the goto to work properly. The small chip size of the Atik makes finding the target really difficult. I don't have any filters yet Mike, next on my to buy list! Hope you all had a good DSC.

Carole

JIm, I have a filter wheel and LRGB filters which I bought thinking I was going to buy a Monocrome camera.  I paid (I think) £180 for the lot.  Currently I have no plans to buy a CCD monocrome camera, so rather than lie around not being used you are welcome to borrow/buy off me.

Carole

Jim

Thanks Carole, I'll PM you.