• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC6888 80% of the way there

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jun 24, 2010, 13:53:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I took some dark frames last night, this is a complete bore at 20minutes each, I'll dod some more for reference when I can get the camera to cool properly, also the BIAS were at the wrong temp, oops.

But hey no flats either.

So here's a stack 16x20 minute Ha NGC6888 & Region, ED80 with FF, QSI583, off axis guider and taken over three nights.

The big issue with this image is hot to get the best out of the nebula, its everywhere!  So this is a Sigma brightness scaling I tried not to loose the double stars in NGC6888.

Chris

P.S. Big version the actual size http://www.flickr.com/photos/13007140@N05/4729638305/sizes/o/

P.P.S. No noise removal used, this is the stack.

RobertM

Neat and the optics look sharp (I like the big version) but as you say something went wrong with the calibration frames.

QuoteI'll dod some more for reference when I can get the camera to cool properly

Cooling might be more taxing on the warmer nights...

Robert

Mike

Despite the problems it's looking really nice. Fantastic amount of nebulosity around the crescent.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan