• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

July DSC - July 9th to 12th

Started by mickw, Jun 18, 2010, 08:03:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Rick

Duncan, those NLC shots, and particularly that last frame, are excellent.  8)

Fay

Glad you made the word "jacksie" clear Duncan, with the link :lol: :lol:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

Thanks Rick, they were fantastic clouds and the evening was incredibly clear, I love being able to see the stars come out as the clouds fall into darkness.

Next time I will start with a longer exposure and use the cameras' interval timer and just let it run. I was pushing the remote cord every now and then while trying to get my guiding working - not ideal.

MarkS

Duncan

That (off the cuff) noctilucent animation is excellent!  Haven't had a chance to check mine yet.

Not so sure about the picture of me and my cathetar.

Mark

Fay

2 pane panorama from Rother Valley taken on my phone

Mike

Taken before I arrived obviously :)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Mike

I think the fact that my car, tent, trailer or equipment is not visible in the image gives it away.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson