• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

ISS viewing opportunities

Started by Rick, May 05, 2010, 09:33:37

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilB

Quote from: Duncan on Jun 26, 2010, 12:41:30Time Zone is displayed as UTC +0:00. If it was BST surely it would says UTC +1:00 (since GMT = UTC for practical purposes). This is what Heavens Above shows.

Unlike me, Duncan, you're not wrong  :oops:

"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

PhilB

Quote from: Tony G on Jun 26, 2010, 12:46:44Can someone just PM me 10 mins before it comes over.

You'll have the forum police after you, Tony. If we all do this the effect could be similar to a denial of service attack on what ever controls our PM service   ;)
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

mickw

Perhaps if I read posts properly, I might get it right  :oops:

QuoteNote times are given iin UTC, not BST.
Rick

QuoteThat's Time Zone not "time"
Me (after not reading the above  :roll: )

QuoteTime Zone is displayed as UTC +0:00. If it was BST surely it would says UTC +1:00
Duncan - correct  :oops:

QuoteObserver's location:   Dulwich, 51.4350°N, 0.0650°W
Local time zone:   British Summer Time (UTC + 1:00)
Heavens Above (from home)

Apologies to everyone anyone that believed me  :-?

I'm going to have some beer now - lots of beer

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

PhilB

Managed to catch the 22:57 pass last night. Something to look at in an otherwise 'orrible sky.