• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

uDeep Sky Camp - 16th to 19th April

Started by Mike, Mar 31, 2010, 09:32:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

Friday, sometime in the afternoon.

Mac.

Rocket Pooch

the nearest mettoffice forecast is shoreham on seaa airport

Mike

Well the weather forecast for this weekend so far is excellent.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

ok so its me, mike, mac, mick, whoelse ?

mickw

Sadly I shall be on the missing list (again) for this one  :(

Got to take it easy for a few weeks apparently  :-?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

Chris - Teresa is meant to be flying off somewhere Sat morning with her sister... If it's cancelled I might try & make it down saturday night as looks like a good night for imaging... If she does go then I'll be looking after 4 kids....

Rocket Pooch

Ok, if its only Mac, Mike and John do you want to come ot my place and camp in the garden?  There's about 1/2 acre of grass and electricity, the only issue of parking, but we could work something out here.

Chris

Mac

Sounds ok. i'm easy.

I was going to  be leaving about 13:30 and be on the road for about an hour.
(I've got the dog as well)

I'll do a final check here before  i leave.

Mac.

Rocket Pooch

Mike,

Do you want to pop over if so I'll PM you the address?

Chris

JohnP

Well I wasn't planning on pitching tent anyway if I come so sounds like a good idea....

Rocket Pooch

okies you know where I is man!  And bring a pressie.

Mike

Sounds good to me.  See you there about 7.30

Mike

For anyone else thinking of turning up, we will NOT be at Blacklands, we are going to Chris' garden. Contact Chris for details if you wish to visit.

Mike

Well last night was excellent with clear sky right through the night. Seeing was incredibly still. The best i've seen it for a long long time.