• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

uDeep Sky Camp - 16th to 19th April

Started by Mike, Mar 31, 2010, 09:32:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

An unofficial Deep Sky Camp will be held on the weekend of Friday 16th to Monday 19th April 2010.

The venue is yet to be decided, but we are looking into somewhere near Lydd.

Please post in this thread if you are going or might go so we have an idea on numbers. Thanks.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Any suggestions as to where we can go ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

I don't know anywhere in the area so will leave it up to those that have at least been around there.

I would suggest that we at least plan to go to Blacklands if nothing else turns up.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

Agreed, but let's try and find somewhere near Lydd if we can as it is really dark down there. Plus, we can go fishing during the day.

Mac

QuoteAgreed, but let's try and find somewhere near Lydd /quote]

With power would be preferable.
Mac.

Mike

Can't guarantee power.

I don't know, you guys get a taste of having hook-ups and you all go soft.  :roll:

Mac

If there's no power i'll just bring the genny, that's all.
but if its a public site, i don't really want the genny running most of the night.

Mac.

Tony G

I won't be going to this one. Some relative of Flis is having a birthday do, and 'We must go, as we haven't seen them for ages'   :evil:

So looks like May is the next for me.  :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

OK well you have fun at your 'Birthday Do'. We'll be thinking about you ;)

Mike

Any ideas as to location?

Also, who is going?

Mac

Im going.

Location. hmmmmmmm, has anything been found yet?

Mac.

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I only really know new romney farm, but it has the light, Blacklands is now non-swamp and fully open.

Anyone got any ideas?

Chris

Rocket Pooch

Mike

Well it is doubtful we will find a location near Lydd in less than a week so we may as well make it Blacklands.

Rocket Pooch

Good I'll walk there then.....

Who is turning up when?