• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Re: Cassini Sees Saturn's Rough and Tumble Rings

Started by Carole, Mar 19, 2010, 09:28:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I can't understand why people pay for Antivirus software when there are excellent free ones out there.

I always used to use AVG until I came across Panda Cloud, which is excellent.

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Delphine

Mike - My Norton which came free with my computer is going to expire soon so I will try AVG.
Cheers
Delphine

Mike

Use Panda not AVG. Panda picked up stuff AVG missed for me.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

You can find alternative software, for free, for just about any piece of commercial, paid for software that is out there. An excellent website to help you find those alternatives is http://alternativeto.net/

Simply type in the software you want and it will give you alternatives to use instead. A good example is Microsoft Office which can cost over £300 for the full versions and yet you can get, for free, software called OpenOffice, which is pretty much identical and even compatible with the MS File Formats and yet is completely free and legal.

Tony G

I have McAfee anti-virus and also use Google pop-up stopper.

I have had this same ad come up a few times, but this is the only one that comes up. :twisted: No other one's appear to get through.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson