• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Just trying my hand......

Started by PhilB, Mar 11, 2010, 17:22:33

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilB

Here an image obtained on 11 August last. Taken with a DMK camera fitted with a 0.5X focal reducer, on an 80mm f6.1 refractor, the AVI file was stacked in registax with some final processing in CS2. I've posted it now just to make sure that I understand how to get images onto the forum!

"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Mike

Nice. Any chance of the full sized image ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Nice, we don't often get to see images of that side of the Moon.  What time was it taken, it doesn't rise until about 10.00pm?

Carole

Tony G

Carole,

It was taken last year,
Quote from: PhilB on Mar 11, 2010, 17:22:33
Here an image obtained on 11 August last.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

QuoteIt was taken last year,
I know.  Last quarter doesn't rise until late, so he must have been up pretty late doing it.  Thought he might remember.

Tony G

Sorry Carole,

I thought that you hadn't seen the comment, that it was taken last August, and that it was taken this last quarter.  :oops:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

PhilB

Quote from: Mike on Mar 11, 2010, 17:46:14
Nice. Any chance of the full sized image ?

It was actually processed with insertion into a digital photo frame in mind, Mike. I, therefore, deliberately kept the size down.

Quote from: Carole on Mar 11, 2010, 18:59:40
Nice, we don't often get to see images of that side of the Moon.  What time was it taken, it doesn't rise until about 10.00pm?

Carole

I don't have the exact time to hand at present, Carole, but it would have been something like 00:30 in the morning.

Quote from: Tony G on Mar 11, 2010, 21:32:47
Sorry Carole,

I thought that you hadn't seen the comment, that it was taken last August, and that it was taken this last quarter.  :oops:

Tony G

Quite right, Tony, it was taken several quarters ago!  :D
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein