• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

New Equipment - more money

Started by Fay, Mar 01, 2010, 16:56:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Have not been wasting my time during this 3 months of wet weather..................no I have not built an ark!!!!!

I have bought a Leitz Telyt R 180 F3.5 lens, for widefield iimaging. Thing is, it has opened up the purse again for loads more spending on attachments etc!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have got an adaptor so it fits on the Canon & have been up to SRB Griturn & arranged for an adaptor to be made for the 2" CLS filter to fit on the front of the lens & also an adaptor for the X-Nite to fit on front of lens to enable me to use the lens for normal photos by reversing the effects of the HA mod.
Although it will only be able to be used in Manual mode, not auto.

I am also having an adaptor made so the lens will fit on the Atik/ filter wheel, only just, as the lens has a short back focus.

Time will tell if all works out well. Palavar trying to sort out how to put it on the mount with lens support, as it really is quite heavy. Hopefully I am on the way to sorting it out with a Manfrotto lens support/ WO plate.

Have got the black beast set up for tonight, SW 120, will probably either cloud over before I get going, or will be beset with problems!

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Wow!

I'm looking forward to images from both the black beast and the Leitz.

I'm hoping for a good clear sky tonight.

Mark

Mac

Quotei have got the black beast set up for tonight
:o

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................................................d................................di..........................dil.............
Nope,wont go there.

Far far to easy.

The images should be interesting.
I finally got the T mount reversing ring, but the filters adapters ect are to long, cant get the focus i need.
using the H9 and the Nikon. All i can do is to use it without the filter wheel. oh well.

Carole

QuoteThing is, it has opened up the purse again for loads more spending on attachments etc!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, as I am finding out already!!!

Never ending isn't it?

Look forward to the results.

Carole

Fay

VOILA!   Canon and lens fixed to Manfrotto lens suppoer. Just waiting a red dot finder that will fit in the Canon flash shoe.

Hope it is still on the mount when I go back out into the garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony G

Fay,

Is there a support under the lens where the velco strap is, or are you relying on the camera holding bolt to hold it in position.

Tony G

PS..........................In the second image, cut that tree down,.............in fact cut all trees down. :twisted:
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Yes there is a metal support under the lens, behind the strap

Fay

Update on receipt of Red Dot Finder from Pulsar Optical.

Have received adaptor & screws to fix RDF to Canon hot shoe.....but..they forgot to put the RED DOT FINDER in the package!!!    Doh!

Fay

have received RDF but bracket does not fit & will have to be cut down!

Fay

RDF to be returned...does not fit hot shoe adaptor & is the wrong RDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Give me strength!

Carole

Did you say this was Pulsar?

Hmmmm (made a note of that!)

Carole

Fay

mickw

Pulsar Optical are cheap - nothing else good to say about them really.

The "wrong" tube rings I got sent were returned the day after receipt and I still have to wait 30 days for the refund.

Can't come to terms with "a" company trading as 3 different ones all from the same address.

And they NEVER reply to emails  :evil:

OK. rant over......................
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

I agree Mick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carole

Didn't you get your Pier from them Fay? 
any problems with that?

I'm just bracing myself whether I get any problems with the observatory and Pier when it arrives.  Already been sent the wrong size bolt for the pier template.  Luckily I managed to get them to send me another in time.  Have joined and been reading the POD forum, makes interesting reading some of the problems that people have installing it. 

Carole