• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Vixen GPDX vs EQ6

Started by Mike, Feb 26, 2010, 11:47:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Has anyone got any experience of using a Vixen GP-DX mount and if so do you know how it would compare to an EQ6 ? There seems to be quite a few going on the astrobuysell site.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

I have had a GPDX with Skysensor on a very heavy duty tripod.  I would rate it highly but cannot compare it to the EQ6 as I've not had one.  Support for the vixen hand controller may not be as good as for the Synscan units.  My old C9.25 was used on it without problem for planetary work but I never did any imaging with it bit it seemed stable enough if well balanced.

Not much help I'm afraid...

Robert

Ian

The question is, what motors are they coming with? Like Robert, I've only used my gp with skysensor. Fantastic kit but I think spares are getting hard to find,even though vixen have resurrected the hand controller. Don't forget mine sounds like it's a timebomb on acid too...