• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Finally !!!!

Started by Mike, Feb 27, 2010, 11:01:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Although my mount is now working perfectly again. A problem has now arisen on the camera. s you can see in the test images above there is a gue patch of amp glow in the top left. At uDSC this was very prevalent, especially on images of 5 minutes exposure. Clearly there is a problem with the cooling circuit.

I am hoping this can be fixed.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

How did images from Rother Valley compare with the M57 regarding the amp glow ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

The same.

I've sent an email to Terry at Starlight and he says it sounds like the amplifier circuit. He said if I sent it to him he will see if he can fix it. I really hope he can, I can't afford to splash out £1800 on another one.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

I've found that Terry usually fixes his cameras for free but whatever happens you're garanteed excellent service, quick turnaround and the minimum of cost.  He seems to be online and available all weekend too...

Hopefully it's something that's simple to fix.

Robert

Mike

Camera sent to Terry today. Fingers crossed!

Mike

Well I am now a happy bunny :D

Terry has just emailed me to say the fault has been fixed and he has sent the camera back to me today.

Phew!!

PhilB

Wow, that was quick.

So, with luck, on Friday you'll be able to show us how imaging is really done?

"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Mike

Indeed that might just happen (weather permitting).

PhilB

It's looking very promising, Mike. Metcheck says "partial cloud". May be a good evening, sky wise!
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Tony G

This Terry bloke sound pretty handy.
Would he be able to fix my Flymo.............and a toaster. :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Ian

why stop there Tony? He might be able help with your velcro fetish too.

Mike

The camera was delivered back to me this morning. What a fantastic service.

Now all I need is a clear sky :)

Rocket Pooch

You should get some this weekend.  Repairs do not have the affect of new kit on clouds.

Chris

MarkS

Really pleased to hear it Mike.