• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Finally !!!!

Started by Mike, Feb 27, 2010, 11:01:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Finally after hunting for over a year I have found somewhere that can provide a replacement worn and gear set for my damaged EQ6. It's a german company that makes bespoke gears for telescope mounts :-

http://www.gierlinger.cc/

The gear set is not cheap at €299 (£267) but it's still a lot cheaper than buying a whole new EQ6.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

which reminds me about the society mount I keep kicking. Do you think they might have a gear for that too?

Mike

They make bespoke gears so I am sure they could make a small one for the stepper.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

Cool, we have a plan. I'll have a go at getting a stock gear for it first though, might be cheaper than getting one cut.

On a side note, I did some gear cutting at uni using a hobbing machine. Very interesting :)

Mike

Fay

Don't know how you spotted that, Mike, being it is in German!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

Sehr gut, mein freund. 

Herr Mangeler  :D

Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

Quote from: Fay on Feb 28, 2010, 18:24:09
Don't know how you spotted that, Mike, being it is in German!

Extensive searching plus still remembering enough German from when I lived there to get by.

Ian

you mean you got beyond "Ein bier bitte?" I didn't...

Rick

Ian

yup. Never got any further. Ordering a round for team of bricklayers I was working with was a little tedious.

Ein bier bitte. Ein bier bitte. Ein bier bitte. Ein bier bitte. Ein bier bitte. Ein bier bitte. Ein bier bitte. Ein bier bitte. Ein bier bitte. Ein bier bitte. Ein bier bitte.

MarkS

Mike

Mike

Mike

Did anyone check out what this guy makes by the way?

Look at this - http://www.gierlinger.cc/montierungsbau.htm