• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Finally !!!!

Started by Mike, Feb 27, 2010, 11:01:14

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Now that is impressive...................
Very impressive  :o
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rick

Serious piece of kit, that. ;)

Mike

OK I have now ordered a replacement gear and worm set for my EQ6. Only thing is I have to wait for 2.5 months for them to be made and delivered !!!   :o
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Well that was a lot quicker than he told me! My gears are now ready :D Woohoo !!!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

A shop in Canada is also now stocking EQ6 and other skywatcher spares :-

http://www.kwtelescope.com/

Mike

New gear and worm arrived from Germany today. With a bit of luck i might have time before Friday to fit it to the mount.

:D

Mike

Shock! Horror !!   :surprised:

Fitted the new gear and worm tonight and after about a year hiatus my mount is now back up and (apparently) running fine. Not tested it with a load yet but slewing it seems fine and smooth with the new gears in. I am about to take everything out into the garden to give it a load test and see if it slews and tracks with a load. If everything is running fine then i'll be bringing it all along to the uDSC this weekend and (weather permitting) hopefully getting some images for the first time in about 2 years.   :D

RobertM

That's great news Mike, the weather is looking really good so hopefully everything will come together for the w/e.

MarkS

Cool - it'll be so good to see you imaging again!!

Mike

Test image. Clear filter. M57. 5 mins single frame. Binned 2x2. Rough focus just to test guiding. All seems fine after 5 mins. Though i'm getting amp glow like the cooler isn't on.

Overall - Chuffed :D

Mike

Is there a setting in MaximDL 5 that turns the cooler on and off on the SXV-H9? I never had amp glow using MaximDL 4.

I thought the cooler on the SXV cameras were on all the time.

RobertM

No there isn't an option, the cooler is on all the time. 

Rocket Pooch

yay your up and running again

Mike

Quote from: RobertM on Jun 04, 2010, 09:59:46
No there isn't an option, the cooler is on all the time. 

Weird the image appears to be showing amp glow then.

Mike