• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Very poor Rosette

Started by Rocket Pooch, Feb 21, 2010, 19:07:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

This is a 6x10 minute stack ED80 QSI583 Skywatcher FF, no darks, flats or bias, of the Rosette in Ha, taken from swampville campsite, my guiding was all over the place, in the morning I found out my mount level had changed (must have been the excellent road building).

JohnP

looks 'king good to me..... love the fov - John

Fay

Well, i would be well pleased with that Chris. I think it is great!

My guiding was well off too, must have been the uneven ground.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

How can you be disappointed with an image like that. :-?
I would be more hacked off that someone was cleaning my caravan carpet with Chilli Bean soup, while I was out in sub zero temperatures, taking great images. ;)

Tony G

PS.........3 (great images) out of 3
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

Chris,

That looks good to me - very crisp detail there.

Mark

Carole

I don't know why you describe this as "poor", I think it's a very good Rosette.
Especially considering
Quoteno darks, flats or bias

Carole

Mike

It's an excellent Rosette. I'd be chuffed with that.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

Nice and crisp.

what are you using to stack the image, and what are the settings you are using.?

I would have sent you my rosett so you could combine the images, but i forgot to reset t :roll:he chip to full size.

RobertM

That's a very good Rosette Chris, nice and sharp.  A smidgen of drift maybe due to the PA changing through the night but I certainly can't see any traces of poor guiding from that frame size.  I must say I'm impressed with the flattener, it seems to have done a really excellent job.

Robert

Rocket Pooch

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind comments, but I really do know I could have done a lot better with this, the guiding went odd after the 1st 3 frames and the raw data was about 20% of what I would expect, but it gives me a benchmark for next year.

Mac, I stacked this in AIP, but Maxim and AA will dot he same, it was a Sigma combine. 

Chris

P.S. Tony you will get the bill.