• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Who is going to DSC Next Weekend at Stairs Farm ?

Started by Mike, Feb 14, 2010, 15:57:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Ian

hmm, I was one of the nine, but due to not being able to secure a baby sitter for Saturday night, and a funeral tomorrow, I'll have to give it a miss.

Not impressed, I'm between contracts at the moment so it wouldn't have cost me anything. Ho hum.

Mike

Carole didn't get her name in on time so she is free. She can do it for you.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

RobertM

Looks like the observatory is being installed today so I'll be down tomorrow late afternoon, weather permitting.

I'll need mains power but only have a normal long mains extension (approx 50m).  Will anyone have any spare sockets on their hookup unit that I could plug into ?  I'd obviously share the hookup cost.

Carole

QuoteWill anyone have any spare sockets on their hookup unit that I could plug into ?  I'd obviously share the hookup cost.
Unsure about whether tents will get hook up until we are there, but if I get Hook up, you are welcome to share mine from time to time. i.e. I have been told not to have certain things running simultaneously.  You'll probably understand this better than me.

Quoteobservatory is being installed today
Ah, so some-one else has gone "bonkers" (as stated by Mick) and bought an Observatory.

Carole

RobertM

Quoteyou are welcome to share mine from time to time

Thanks for the offer Carole but that's not going to be good enough, I'll need a full time connection...

Quotesome-one else has gone "bonkers" (as stated by Mick)
Carole, I think he was just refering to you as being bonkers ;)

Carole

Hi Robert,

I missed some thing I meant to post, I was referring to you getting an Observatory.  Mick said I had gone bonkers buying one.

Carole 

RobertM

Ah, so the process of buying it made you bonkers...  :cheesy: