• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Amost full moon

Started by MarkS, Jan 30, 2010, 08:22:43

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

This is a single frame of hundreds I took last night around midnight - I've got a lot of processing to do!

Canon 350D on Celestron C11 with F6.3 focal reducer.
1/1000s at ISO 200.

This is full frame (the moon doesn't fit in a single frame) but binned down to a smaller size and then contrast enhanced and slight colour saturation enhancement also.  A bit of deconvolution as well.

The moon still has visible crater shadows around the edge because there were 6 hours to go before being full moon.

Mark

doug

Rose would like to know why the moon looked sooooo large last night ... the night you took your image, Mark.  Was the moon at at near point near the earth or was it something to do with the libration?????

All you knowledgeable people can now please reply.

Thank you, peeble.

Doug .......... for Rose as she ain`t sure how to operate this thingy, anymore than I am, like putting pix on the Forum, etc, etc etc.  :roll:
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Fay

That will be good Mark. I had software problems so had to go in, although the Moon was behind a tree most of the night
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

I was out until 2:30 and should have full Full Moons, Mars as a red dot (didn't take the reducer/flattener out) and M81, though the dew shield had filled up with snow by 5:30am went I went out to check on things so I don't know how many subs I got.

MarkS

Quote from: Duncan
the dew shield had filled up with snow by 5:30am

Oh dear!

mickw

The weather gods have got a right wicked sense of humour  :twisted:   :lol:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

mickw

Nice pic Mark, can't wait for the final.

I got sidetracked by beer in the beer garden until my bits went numb  :(
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional