• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 15th to 18th Jan 2010 (CANCELLED)

Started by Mike, Jan 04, 2010, 10:53:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Why is everyone preoccupied with the weather???????????????????
I mean, it's not as if that is a deciding factor for a weekend of partying in the snow, building snow sheep, Steaming hot showers and then running into the snow and skinny dipping in the lake (well, I can't exactly 'skinny' dip) and DRINKING. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

Quotewell, I can't exactly 'skinny' dip

Tony, its the thought that counts.
we'll all be there in spirit for you whilst you skinny dip.

:lol:

Mike

Forecast so far is for rain all weekend. I don't mind snow but if it is just going to rain then I won't bother going and will set a new official date for February.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Quote from: Mike
Forecast so far is for rain all weekend. I don't mind snow but if it is just going to rain then I won't bother going and will set a new official date for February.

I tend to agree, if the forecast is cloudy skies and rain.  I'll wait and see if the forecast improves.

Mike

Woke up this morning to more snow. Can't tell where road and pavement ends. All of the footprints have disappeared.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

Yet again we are snowed in.  I suppose that we shall have to get a 4x4 like Fay`s eventually.  Anyone know where I can get a cheap Jeep ?????  Or equivalent four wheel drive vehicle ?????

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Ian

Actually, I'm selling my Freelander...

Rocket Pooch

I just picked up a cheap jeep thing.

Ian

Rocket Pooch

Well I allways wanted a Nissan Patrol.

Ian

but not the job with the UN that goes with it?

Rocket Pooch

Ian

*looks out of the window*

That'll make it stand out :)

JohnP

gizza a picture then... Is this for caravan & dog purpose..... decided A6 is too good?

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Couple of things;

The audi is just no good off road, but it was not really bought for that anyway :-(

This can will only be used for the dog, camping and DSC, unless we get more snow then it will be to wales.

Also I want to go off roading.

And it was too cheap, and LPG, very green.

Also it will make Mac's look tiny and Frodo will have room to walk around.

:-)