• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Keeping it quiet until the results come through

Started by Rocket Pooch, Dec 22, 2009, 11:22:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Ah ha, I just bought a new toy which will give me a 105mm telescope at F2.8 with a completely flat field for my QSI, when it gets here in two weeks I'm going to do some wide field Ha imaging.  :-)

Any guesses?

5 elements in 4 groups :-)

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

I bet it's a prime focus camera lens and if it is free of aberrations wide open at F2.8 then it must have cost a small fortune.

Mark

Rocket Pooch

MarkS

Rocket Pooch

Nope, ok I can't keep things quiet, I'm buying a Zork medium format to t-2 adaptor and a couple of pentax 6x7 lenses for 105 & 300mm imaging, F2.8 and F4.  Should have an advantage over SLR lenses because the 6x7 is optimal in the 2/3rd image circle.

All in 2xlenses and adaptor £450, going to get the cheaper lens 1st, I thought long and hard about this, if it works well I'll get an APO lens still cheaper than a tak.  Will keep you posted.

Fay

Chris, you are so funny....can't keep a secret!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Been looking at those 6x7's for a while so I'd be very interested to see how you get on with the 105mm especially if you can use it wide open.  Some of the shorter f/l lenses are quite inexpensive but as I've recently found out with a supposedly sharp 50mm f1.2 Pentax lens, it's not so impressive if you have to stop it down to f5.6 to get edge sharpness.

btw.  I thought the Zork adaptors were quite expensive, did you manage to find a cheap source?