• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Robert's Imaging Session

Started by Fay, Nov 28, 2009, 09:42:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

A very good presentation by Robert, last night. Really interesting & complimented Mark's talk the night before. All about noise, hot pixels & importance of darks & plenty of subs needed for a nice clean image, good before & after examples showed throughout the evening. Really enjoyed it.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

Thanks Robert, for an extremely interesting and informative talk.  As a non-imager at the moment it gave me a great deal of useful information which, when I start DSLR- ing, I can hopefully apply.  It followed on beautifully from Mark`s talk and your tele-show of images and the problems incurred was really terrific.  I am sure that those people who are imaging at the present time found it a bonus.

Thanks again, and looking forward to the next one.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

The Thing

I'm sorry I missed it. Boo hoo :cry:

Will Robert follow Marks example and publish I wonder?

Carole

Yes, I echo what the others have said.

Thanks Robert, very useful and followed on beautifully from Mark's talk.
Also thanks for the "nibbles". 

Carole

RobertM

Thanks for the kind comments;I'm glad you found it interesting and useful.  The theme was very much dictated by a few questions at the beginning but I was already expecting some fallout from Mark's excellent talk the night before.

Duncan, sorry it was more of a themed question and answer session alongside practical demonstrations.  I suppose I could put together a presentation on image calibration but at the moment time is too short. 

Robert

Mike

Thanks Robert. sounds like you've done an excellent job.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan