• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

2nd light QSI583 M31 draft

Started by Rocket Pooch, Nov 22, 2009, 23:43:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi, 

This is going to be an issue to process, spent an hour on it and to be honest I need to workout how to get this right, the colour balance is out and also I need to keep the core of M31 and extend the arms :-(

Anyway, draft image

Full size http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2767/4126457482_cdd569007e_o.jpg M101 has structure!

RobertM

I think there are hundreds of 'asthetic' ways of processing M31 (as Daniel would probably testify) but the data looks good so as long as the core isn't blown then you have plenty of choice!

Daniel

That looks lovely, the HII regions are coming through nicely

JohnP

Looking good Chris - I think something like a simple contrast enhancement in Pshop would really help to bring out the dust lanes & extent of the nebulosity. If you can sort out the field flatness in the corners this would be superb...

Great shot you must be well chuffed with the new camera,

John

Carole

You're getting some fabulous images down there.

Carole

Tony G

Another excellent image Chris, but still love the 1st light, M42.  :o

Tony G

PS....................I may get one of these cameras, then I wouldn't have the problem with processing, as it seems the camera does that!   ;)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

That's looking very good, Chris.  A very clean image. 

What length subs and what was the total exposure time?

The colours look about right to me but M31 is ceratinly a pig to process - I spent hours on mine.

Mark

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

It was 20x5 minute L and 6xRGB 5 minute subs.  All 1x1 binned.

Chris