• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

SKYWATCHER STARTRAVEL-102T

Started by Simon E, Nov 23, 2009, 13:02:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Well Si,

I paid a man, who knew a bloke on a building site, who had contacts with some pipe layer................

Free of charge, I'll bring it along tonight to the meeting.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

QuoteI also want to run cables upto the house, 100 foot away, so I can run the scope from there, need some really long usb cables etc.....

why dont you use a realy long ethernet cable as opposed to a usb, (huge voltage loss @ 5v over that distance on the usb)
and have a remote laptop,controlling all your equipment, just login to the laptop from the house, or anywhere in the world, should you allow internet access!!

Mac.

Simon E

Yep cool, idea espically as I have just got hold of 305metres of cat5. :o

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Simon E

Sorry guys. couldn't make it, but absolutely knackered tonight after a 12hr day at Heathrow.

Tony G, sorry mate but really knackered, still keen on the tube though, can I maybe pick it up one night during the week.

Pm me your address and i can pop round when you like.

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras