• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

1st light QSI583WS

Started by Rocket Pooch, Nov 19, 2009, 16:47:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Ok this is 8xLRGB 6Minutes + 16xLRGB 30 seconds binned 1x1 on an ED80, there is field curvature and loads of colours wrong, I'll sort it when I get home, small version.  It really needs some work an uploading it as a 1mb file has added noise the subs are 16mb!  No darks or flats used here, I have them but I have not done the processing properly.  Seriously, I will get this done rights when I get back.

Actual size http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2674/4117835266_8792368d6e_o.jpg

Mac

mickw

Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas  is a QSI583WS - you can stick all the other stuff up uranus.

Well nice Chris
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

for first light mate that is fantastic.... were you using the WO FF? Great FOV - is that full or have you cropped... Must be great getting that whole thing in a single frame....

Brilliant - John

Rocket Pooch

hi

thats the ed80 at prime  :o

nothing added

chris

Tony G

:o  :o

Absolutely amazing image.
I have just noticed that if you re-arrange a few of the letters and add a couple of number to Hubble Telescope, you get QSI583WS  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Daniel

Chris, that is fantastic, I was toying with the idea of getting the 583 before I saw the new SBIG, now im swaying towards the QSI again, that's one amazing image, so smooth!

Just wondering, where did you get yours from?

Daniel
:O)

Fay

Very nice Chris, you must be pleased
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Very nice Chris.  I'm looking forward to the final result.  It promises some fantastic future images with that QSI.

Was it taken at Ollie's place?  Robert and I both got 11 hours of imaging last night at Riberac.  Tonight doesn't look so hopeful, though.

Mark

JohnP

Blimey - 11hrs - better than lasy year then...

John

Yep - Chris is down at Olly's

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Yup at Olly's we have had two and a half clear nights, 1 completely wasted trying to get used to the new camera, 1/2 complete dew out last night and no dew heaters (Doh!), so I have M45, M31, M42 and some Horsey wide field. 

Now the next problem is matching the scopes to the new camera, the ED80 is ok, needs a flatener, I used the ZS66 last night with a Baader MPCC will look at the results later.

M31 is looking very nice :-)

Chris

SimonTelescopium

A great image, are you just using RGB filters or do you use narrowband ones? - Just wondering about the light pollution, or was this taken at a dark site?
Also what mount are you using? and what method for guiding?

Clear Skies,
Simon

Jim

Chris that is truly lovely

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: SimonTelescopium on Nov 22, 2009, 09:48:27
A great image, are you just using RGB filters or do you use narrowband ones? - Just wondering about the light pollution, or was this taken at a dark site?
Also what mount are you using? and what method for guiding?

Clear Skies,
Simon

Hi Simon,

Wow lots of questions, the images was an LRGB Image with 2 sets of LRGB exposures, one for the outer detail and one for the core of M45.  The Scope was my trusty ED80 and the mount was an EQ6 Skyscan with a 80mmF5 guide scope and a QHY6 CCD as a guide camera, guiding and aqusition in AstroArt.  The Camera was a QSI593WS at -25c using, True Tec LRGB filters, a 2" Baader IR & UV cut and no light pollution filters from South France.

Chris

RobertM

Looks very good Chris, so you're pleased with the camera then  ;)