• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Upcoming DSC...

Started by JohnP, Nov 02, 2009, 10:08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Yeah £380 is very expensive.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Unfortunately, my plans have changed & I will no longer be there. Good luck to all that go & fingers crossed for some cracking skies & images.

John

Carole

QuoteYeah £380 is very expensive.
Not compared to the price of a new one.  I didn't want to take a chance on a 2nd hand one, whereas this was refurbished by Canon and has a 3 month guarantee which I felt safer doing.

Carole

JohnP

QuoteYeah £380 is very expensive.

It's a 450D not a 350D... I think that's what you have isn't Carole?

Carole

Yes John, not sure how the prices vary with the different models of DSLR.
I've been stung a few times buying things 2nd hand - eg my SC3 which has caused me nothing but problems, so I preferred to spend a bit more and have a bit more security, but didn't want to pay the "new" price.

Carole

Mac

QuoteI got a reconditioned Canon DSLR on Ebay for £380
:o
If that was a 450D, then dont look at the next link.
Ebay isn't always your best friend, there are a lot of bargains out there, you just have to keep looking.

Brand new 450D £402
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-450D-Digital-Camera-Body/dp/B00131X8CC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1257545181&sr=8-2

Mac.

Fay

I was going to say that they are not that expensive new now.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Quote from: Mac
QuoteI got a reconditioned Canon DSLR on Ebay for £380
:o
If that was a 450D, then dont look at the next link.
Brand new 450D £402

Carol's included a lens so it can be used for "normal" photography and widefield astro as well ...

Daniel

I know I say this every DSC but I really am going to try to get down this time, I have time booked off of work, I've found a place to hire camper vans, and my mate who can drive me is available, so weather permitting i'll be there.

One question, will it be easy enough to get an electrical hookup if we just turn up, or should i pre book one?

Daniel
:O)

Mike

I doubt there will be many in use at that time of year.

Do you know that there is a VW Camper van hire place at the campsite?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Daniel

ooh, might have to give them a call about that, would save a lot of time trekking up to Luton where I'd be picking the van up from.

Thanks,

Daniel
:O)

Fay

I would like to rent one of those instead of putting tent up, will investigate

Carole

QuoteDo you know that there is a VW Camper van hire place at the campsite?
Yes sounds interesting, do you have any further info Mike, or should we just contact Blacklands.

Carole

Fay

Looking like a very windy torrential weekend, next weekend!

Mac

QuoteLooking like a very windy torrential weekend, next weekend!

Bugger.

Anyone got a kite some string and a key?