• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Upcoming DSC...

Started by JohnP, Nov 02, 2009, 10:08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Doug,

Here is the address with the postcode.

Blacklands Farm Campsite
Wheatsheaf Road (B2116)
Henfield
West Sussex
BN5 9AT
Tel: (01273) 493528

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Has anyone confirmed this with the campsite?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

No problem  ;), the site is open to nearly all (with exceptions).  :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

doug

Thanks for the info.Tony.  I will give the postcode to Syd and he can enter it into his idiotbox.  Sorry TomTom.

I`m very lucky when we go out.  I have a Roserose and a map :)

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Simon E

This DSC is it ok to turn up for 1 night, I have me kids Friday night and work on Monday, but could make Saturday night, if clear skys are around.
si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Carole

Simon,

You can come for 1 night no problem.  Some people come just for the evening. 

Carole

Simon E

Coooooooooooooooooooooool ;)
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Mike

It's a campsite - you can come and go as you please whenever you like
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

QuoteIt's a campsite - you can come and go as you please whenever you like

I thought they locked the gates at 11pm?

Mac.

MarkS

Quote from: Mac
I thought they locked the gates at 11pm?

You could park just outside the gates. 
They didn't shut them last time we were there - another camper drove back to their caravan at 4:30am!!  I was still imaging.

Mark

Fay

Simon, don't forget to  put the £5, one night charge, in an envelope & leave at office with your car registration number on.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

I'll be there Friday hopefully around 14:00. Can''t wait really, it's beer o'clock all weekend and you get to do astronomy without a constant background whingeing noise.  ;)

BTW I am trying to source a replacement DSLR beforehand so if anyone knows of a 350d+ that's on the market please let me know. I have enquiries in with all the local camera shops and my eye on the web.

mickw

Bring your busted one down, it'll give Mark something to do during the day and take his mind off poisoning us with weird french stuff  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Quote350d+ that's on the market

How much are you wanting to pay?
I got a reconditioned Canon DSLR on Ebay for £380.  Not sure if they do 350Ds but if you've interested I'll look into the site.  If they do it's reconditioned by cannon with a 3 months guarantee. 

Carole

The Thing

I can get a 350d from London Camera Exchange (Lincoln Branch) for £209 + £7pp. And I found that my dead one was under a 6 month guarantee. So all will be OK for the DSC!