• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Some stuff in and around Cassiopeia

Started by Whitters, Oct 09, 2009, 23:23:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

NGC1027, IC1805, Mel 15, Mrk 6, NGC896, IC1795

Tamron 105mm f2 camera lens, MX916 camera. Astronomiks Ha filter, 5 minute subs 1hour 40 mins total
8th October 2009, 40 degrees from the moon 74%lit.

Rocket Pooch

MarkS

That's a good image of the Heart Nebula - nice work getting that on such a moonlit night!

JohnP

RobertM

Very nice widefield of that stuff Paul under such bright moonlight.  That Ha off to the top left must be linking to the Soul nebula.

Fay

well done Paul, was this via your new pier?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Daniel

Lovely FOV, I always have real trouble imaging this target.

Daniel
:O)

Whitters

I want to have another go at this one, I think that with this lens I should be able to get both the heart and soul in the same frame.
Fay, the pier is still in the garage, I'm building up the courage to break the ground, Normally not an issue digging holes, except for where I'm having to dig will only be about a foot from the waste pipe to the septic tank. Could get NASTY !

Fay

Did you get the shelf?

It is handy but problem when imaging at zenith as more length due to camera's etc, so they run into it
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Whitters

Hi Fay, No I didn't get the shelf, I've seen your posts, so I think I'll not bother. Shame though otherwise it sounds a good idea.