• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Ok, it's not great, but it's an early one.

Started by Daniel, Oct 05, 2009, 21:19:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, since we have terrible weather and it looks like not going to be any imaging done for the next week, I thought i'd post this one anyway, it's got a lot wrong with it, quite noisy, bad composition and some nasty gradients I tried my best to get rid of.

That said, I got this a couple of weeks back and it was quite an early one, I had to throw out quite a few subs because there was sunlight creeping into them.

Anyway, here it is anyway, an early Rosette Nebula 22x90s ISO320

Daniel
:O)

MarkS

Not one of your better ones!  The scale is good and there is some good detail but, as you say, the colour is all over the place and it is very noisy.

Interestingly you have some spiky stars which look very similar to what I get with the focal reducer on the Skywatcher ED80.

Mark

RobertM

That's a very bold attempt for the time of year and a fairly good taster for what's to come.  Keep it up Daniel, these images are always a revellation.

Robert

Daniel

Yes, im definitely looking forward to imaging this one properly once it's a bit higher in the sky. I got some ok images of this with the 120ED so hopefully the hyperstar wil allow me to go much deeper with it.

Unfortunately, the FOV it gives me isn't great, it's a little squashed in there, would have liked some space around the outside, might do a 2 pane mosaic of it.

That said, my next target is VDB 141 I thought it was impossible from my location, but since I managed to get some of IC63 Im going to give it a go.

Daniel
:O)